By participating in several farmers markets, over the years, we have learned a few ways that help us to increase our sales and maximize our presence.
Here are some tips that you can use if you are selling:
1. There is an old saying in the retail business, “Pile it high and watch it fly!” Have plenty of product on display.
2. Add some risers to the table legs. It gets items closer to the people who may buy them. Remember three-foot marketing and try to have items within reach. Folks like to pick and hold, examine and fall in love with things before they buy.
3. Have labels and prices that are easy to read. Make it apparent what you are selling even from a distance. You have a split second to capture someone’s attention amongst many vendors and things to see.
4. Sample. Sample. Sample.
5. Acknowledge someone as soon as they come to the table. Especially, when you are helping someone else. A quick hello, or smile is all it takes.
6. Offer a special price for buying more than one item. Buying in bulk should offer some benefit.
7. Create different heights with your display. Baskets and risers work well.
8. Have items neatly arranged and as things sell. Re-merchandise so the table looks full and not picked over.
These are just a few things that we have tried that work for us and may help you whether you are planning a yard sale, lemonade stand, or run a retail store.
Feel free to comment below of you have any tips to share.
2 thoughts on “Farmers Market Selling Secrets”
Love the suggestions. Your products look great – no wonder they are flying off the shelf!
Thanks so much! Your cookies sound great and you can surely taste the difference with the ingredients you are using.